Plant Popcorn - Grow Your Own Ornamental Grass!
Have you ever thought that the popcorn kernels you have at home can be more than just a tasty snack? Today, we're going to explore how you can use these kernels to grow beautiful ornamental grass. It's simple, environmentally friendly, and a perfect activity to do with children!
- Popcorn kernels (untreated and unpopped)
- A pot with drainage holes
- Potting soil
- A bright spot in your home
How to Plant Popcorn - Step-by-Step:
- Prepare the Pot: Fill your pot with potting soil, leaving a few centimeters to the rim.
- Plant the Kernels: Press the popcorn kernels about 1-2 cm into the soil. Space them a few centimeters apart.
- Water Lightly: Water the soil gently to make it moist but not soggy.
- Placement: Place the pot in a bright spot, but avoid direct sunlight. A windowsill is often an ideal location.
- Care: Keep the soil consistently moist. After about a week, you should see the first shoots.
Enjoy Your Ornamental Grass: As the grass grows, you can enjoy the green color and freshen up your home.
Tips When Planting Popcorn:
- Since popcorn kernels are larger than many other seeds, it's essential not to plant them too deep.
- If you want a denser "lawn," you can sow more kernels after a few days.
Fun and Beautiful!
Growing ornamental grass from popcorn kernels is not just a fun activity but also a way to recycle and appreciate simple things in everyday life. This little project can become a creative and decorative part of your home. Feel free to share your progress and pictures with us at By Benson!